Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cookie Dough Protein Bites

My mom sent me this recipe and it tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough! These little bites are quite filling too. 1-2 is a great snack and will fill you up for a while. I made a few tweaks though, so I am sharing the updated version. If you want to beef up the protein you cold add some vanilla or chocolate protein powder (no more than 1/2 scoop).

1 c oats
2 Tbsp flax seed
1 c almonds
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp coconut oil
3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips

Blend oats, flax, and almonds together until powdery. Alternately, you could use ground flax meal and almond flour (that's what I did, and I left the oats whole). Stir in the remaining ingredients. Form into balls or bites and refrigerate. I normally pack this into a small square container, let it set up over night (or freeze for a couple hours) and cut into 16 bites.

If you don't have coconut oil, you can sub in coconut butter but you will need an additional 1/2 Tbsp coconut butter and honey to get it to mix up and stay together.

No comments:

Post a Comment