Friday, October 7, 2016

Dairy Free/Vegan Almond Joy Creamer [Recipe]

I know there are tons of these recipes around, but I was lazy and looking for something that required a little less work, and ideally no extracts.

1 can Nature's Choice sweetened condensed coconut milk
1 can (approx 3/4 cup) Almond Breeze Vanilla
1.5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
0.5 Tbsp amaretto (or 3/8 tsp almond extract; a few drops almond oil)

This breaks down to about 2 calories per Tbsp, or more likely 53 calories per serving.

There's definitely some tweaking that could be done. I had vanilla almond milk on hand, so I'm not sure how much vanilla you would need/want if you used plain. Same if you used unsweetened almond milk, although the sweetened condensed coconut milk may be enough without extra sugar (it was like the filling of an almond joy when I tasted it!). As for the almond extract, you can sub it out, or I think if you used a plain almond milk and did not add any vanilla it would work as well.

If I get a chance to revisit this, I will update you with the results. Feel free to share if you give this a go or make any changes yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment